Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Plus and Minus

Hey Everyone!!

This week has been alittle bit of everything. There have been some good things and some not so good things. There really haven’t been any bad things so that is good! So we had transfer announcements last week and even though I was hoping to move areas.. The lord had a different idea in store for me. He seems to think I need to be in Calumangan for another 6 to 12 weeks.. and who am I to argue. But its okay, I’m okay with being here. I get to train a new missionary again. So it will be fun. Its tiring, but not as tiring as last time because my new companion is a philippino. They learn the language a lot faster. I have only been teaching him for about 3 days, and he can already do really really good. So I’m excited for this transfer, it should be a lot of fun. My companions name is Elder Esteves, and he really wants to work hard so it’s pushing me to work harder. We have a couple of baptisms coming up. So I’m way excited for that. The Abkilan family is continuing to progress, they came to church again last Sunday, and even though their kids are way annoying, I think they enjoyed it! We do have to move back their date though, because we found out that they are actually not yet married. They have three kids and still haven’t gotten married.. I was pretty surprised. So now they are working on it so they can get married. The other success of the week is WE GOT A BISHOP!!!!!!!! That was the best part of this week. We finally got a new bishop. They announced it in sacrament on Sunday. I was way happy. His name is Bishop Joey Valdefiaso. He has only lived in our ward for a very short time. But he is going to be an awesome bishop. He has already talked to me about coming with us one day to visit all the less actives that we know. I think this could really help our ward, and I’m excited to be here to see it happen. I did want to transfer, but my new companion and I are going to jump start this ward again. It worked the first couple of transfers and then the lack of a bishop kind of stopped all my ideas.. So now that we have a bishop we can start to put into effect some of my ideas, and see if they do any good.

A couple of nights ago I got to teach a lesson to a new family. This guy is a bit more well off than most people. He is the like the philippines equivalint to a mayor. So we get there and started teaching him and every time i asked a question he would answer in English, so i just flipped into english and started teaching in english. He went from the beginning of the lesson telling me how no other religion had ever made him think twice. And by the time we finished the lesson, he said he would probably come to church next week! It was a way good lesson. Surprising because i have not taught a single lesson in English since i was in the MTC.

That is really about it for this week. I hope everyone had a good Memorial day, and is either enjoying summer vacation or excited for the last week of school?! Well, i will talk to you next week!!!





Love always,

Elder Larsen

No comments: