Well,
Its been another week. And let me tell you i am way excited for the next 6. I just hit my half way mark so i'm way excited. So we just got back from Hinigaran for a choir practice. Elder Teh from the quorom of the 70's is coming to our mission next week. so i'm way excited. We get to have a mission conference and even sing in a choir for him. That should be fun. As for my area. It is doing really well. Last week in my email i told you about the 50 people that were attending... well with one week of work we are now up to about 75!!!! So i will just keep pushing and maybe we can break 100 by the end of the transfer. We had a really good week. The inactive ward mission leader came and worked with us this week. It was way fun. We also went to visit our inactive elders quaram president... He has a catholic chapel in his back yard now... I shared him a verse that said something along the lines of if you are baptized and stop going to church then it would have been better if you hadn't been baptized. I think it got my point across. There are so many problems here. Its crazy. I think something happened about 8 years ago to the bishop that made a whole bunch of people stop going to church. Every time i go to a new inactive, they just say. "if you only knew what happened..." well none of them will tell me... probably because it is not really my business. But still it might make work a little easier. Anyways. This week not much is going in. We are going to be doing a lot more visiting to inactive members. Wish us more luck. I really don't have any stories for this week.... I went to the office to talk to president... He asked where i was assigned and i said "Calumangan" he just put his head down.... and said "whats wrong with the ward now?"... But after Sunday I'm way excited to go do some more work. I hope this works. I really want this ward to grow. and if we can keep it up, they will have to build a bigger church.... or buy more chairs ;) Well thanks for the Emails everyone. I always appreciate them. And i will write again next week.
Love always,
Elder Larsen
No comments:
Post a Comment